- Discovering a gargantuan, comet-like tail behind a speeding star called Mira.
- Catching a black hole "red-handed" as it munched on a star.
- Finding giant rings of new stars around old, dead galaxies.
- Independently confirming the nature of dark energy.
- Discovering a missing link in galaxy evolution -- the teenage galaxies transitioning from young to old.
Home » galaxy evolution explorer » galex telescope » jet proplusion lab nasa » orbital dulles » the jet propulsion laboratory » Mission comes to an end for galaxy-hunting spacecraft